Have SNAP? Stop by the Grow Food Northampton table to buy tokens and have your purchase doubled, up to $10 per week.
SNAP Match at GFN Farmers Markets in 2022 is generously sponsored by River Valley Coop, Valley Home Improvement, Whalen Insurance, Mass General Brigham, Baystate Health, Cooley Dickinson Hospital, Modestow Family Dentistry, Black Birch Vineyard, State Street Fruit Store, Cooper’s Corner, Paradise Copies, Greenfield Savings Bank, Cedar Chest, Tufts/Point32 Health, Wright Builders, Whole Cities Foundation and, Delap Real Estate.
How it works
- Come to the GFN market table with your SNAP EBT card.
- Swipe your card to use any amount of your SNAP benefits that you choose to purchase wooden tokens.
- We will double up to $10 of your token purchase.
- Example: You pay $10 using your SNAP, we hand your $20 in tokens.
- Example: You pay $1.50 using your SNAP, we hand you $3 in tokens.
- Example: You pay $15 using your SNAP, we hand your $25 in tokens.
- You take your tokens to spend around the market on anything that is SNAP eligible.
- If you need more tokens, come back! We’ll be glad to do another transaction, but match only up to $10 per week.
SNAP Match FAQ's
We have $1, $2.50 and $5 tokens.
The vendors can give you token change. They cannot give you change in cash due to federal program requirements.
You can only double your SNAP up to $10 per day but we are always happy to do multiple transactions as needed.
Yes! Our SNAP Match program is for anyone on SNAP.
You can buy anything that is SNAP eligible like:
- Edible Plant Starts*
- Packaged Foods
- Maple Products
*these products are also HIP-eligible
Yes, we can swipe your card to check your balance.
No, GFN Farmers Market tokens can only be used at the GFN Tuesday Market and Winter Market.
Yes! All of our fruit and vegetable vendors accept SNAP and HIP. If you have any questions about how HIP works, we’ll be happy to explain at the GFN market table.
No, so most SNAP customers purchase HIP-eligible fruits and vegetables directly from farmers at the market until their HIP benefit is used up, and then use the SNAP Match to purchase non-HIP products or to purchase fruits and vegetables once their HIP benefit is exhausted.
Our 2020 Virtual Community Potluck features this fresh and delicious recipe. Kale, Squash and Black Bean Tacos INGREDIENTS 1 medium…
Maple Dressing This dressing is a classroom favorite in our Grow Food Kids program! It sweetens up any tossed salad!…
Ingredients: 12 medium carrots (2 pounds) 1½ Tbsp veg. or olive oil 2 tbsp orange juice ¼ teaspoon cinnamon ¼…