Would you like to garden with us?
You may apply for a community garden plot at any time during the year. There is a limit of one plot per person, couple or household during the first season. To join the GFN Organic Community Garden:
- Complete a Garden Plot Application. This puts you on the the waitlist for the next available garden plot.
- When a plot becomes available, the Garden Manager will email your plot assignment.
- Please reply within 48 hours to confirm that you want the plot.
- Complete a Garden Registration for the current year. On your registration you’ll select a fee level that works best for you. The cost to GFN per plot is $35 a year.
- GFN will email your invoice. You may pay online or by check mailed to the GFN Office. Please pay in a timely manner.
- All new gardeners must complete New Gardener Orientation before they begin to garden.
- Please read the Garden Guide for information about garden rules, practices and policies.
- All new gardeners are assigned a Garden Sage, a seasoned community gardener who, along with the Garden Manager, can provide support and information during your first season.
Plots are 20’x20’ full plots or 10’x20’ half plots. Either size costs $36 per year if leased before July 15. Senior Citizens (turning 65 or older this year) pay $28. Low-income gardeners enrolled in the SNAP program pay $10 and receive five buckets of free compost ($15 value). Plots leased after July 15 are half price. There is a $10 non-resident surcharge if you do not live in Northampton, Florence or Leeds.
Please see the links on this page for downloadable registration forms, the Gardener’s Guide, a map of the garden. Registrations will be accepted by mail for those who prefer to print the PDF registration form and mail it with a check, but plot availability is not guaranteed. In the event that no suitable plot is available, payment will be returned.
All question about registration should be directed to Pat James.