Grow Food Northampton is hosting monthly farmers markets at the Northampton Senior Center this winter,…
On March 4th, we are holding our third annual Seed Swap! Join us from 10 am – 1 pm at Smith Vocational and Agricultural High School at 80 Locust St in Northampton. You do not have to bring seeds in order to participate! Please RSVP on the Facebook event page, or if you don’t use Facebook, simply join us on the 4th.
Come share seeds you have saved from your garden or purchased (optional), get seeds to plant in your garden, attend workshops on seed saving or plant breeding, and meet other people passionate about creating and maintaining a healthy local food system.
If you don’t have seeds to share, please come learn about seed saving and get some to plant in your garden so you can share seeds next year.
The Seed Swap will feature the following activities (times are tentative):
- 9:30am to 10:30am: Drop seeds off (if you have some to share). Even better, drop them off on February 5 at the Winter Market table!
- 10:05am to 10:50am: Beginning Seed Saving Workshop with Daniel Botkin of Laughing Dog Farm
- 11:00 t0 1:00pm: Take seeds for you 2017 garden!
- 11:00am to 11:45am: Indigenous Seed Keeping with Liz Charlebois, Abenaki basketmaker and agriculturalist
- Noon to 12:45pm: Plant Breeding Workshop with Tevis Robertson-Goldberg of Crabapple Farm
- 10am to 1pm (with breaks): Seed Tape Workstation – kids and adults alike can help make “seed tape” with biodegradable toilet paper, wheat paste, and carrot seeds that we can plant in our Giving Garden later in the spring